VMware Cloud Community
BZajac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

RDP connection not attached to provisioning notification - vCAC 6.0.1

Hello,

I'm seeking for any advice about RDP connections that are not attached to approval mails. The attachment is coming with the expiration notification, but not the approval and I wonder what I do wrong?

If anyone could please get me some hint would be great.

Thanks, Biji

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BZajac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone has an idea on this?

0 Kudos
zebduin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The RDP Link would not be attached to a notification prior to the machine being built (ie approval notification).  The first time the RDP link should be included in a notification (if enabled) that is sent to inform of a VM provisioning complete.  Make sure the appropriate notification scenarios are activated.

0 Kudos
BZajac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi vjDuBB,

Thanks for the response. This is what I would assume as well, but this is where my issue lays. The RDP connection is attached only once the notification about the expiration is sent out. No other notification (not the request submission, the approval or the provisioning completion mail) contains an attachment.

Thanks, Bij

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I noticed this behavior recently. The RDP file and a calendar invite are attached to the machine expiring notification. I do not receive this on any other email scenario. Is anyone else experiencing this or have an explanation for this behavior?

vRA 6.2 although I recall it being similar in 6.1 as well.

0 Kudos
penny21
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody found what the fix is for this "feature"?

0 Kudos
BZajac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think to recall that support was telling me this now being by design (??) so that customers go thru the portal to connect either using RDP or other enabled methods. We currently upgrade to 6.2.1 and once complete, I'll see if the behavior remains the same - expecting so, but will reply here with any findings.

0 Kudos