VMware Cloud Community
harkamal
Expert
Expert

Provisioning a blueprint (scripted)

I am looking for a way to programmatically provision a blueprint. Basically we want to build a catalog and user selection should just provision a blueprint with default values. We don't intent to show the dcac interface to order a VM.

tried to lookup api reference, but could not figure out a way to do so.

http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2177503-102136/DynamicCloudInterface.html

appreciate any leads, good day !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you asking about requesting a virtual machine against a blueprint?  For example, SubmitVirtualMachineRequest(GroupID, BlueprintID, Username) ??

Do you need it to be from powershell? or command line? or c#?

There are examples of each and usually they're delivered in extensibility training as part of the CDK.  They all boil down to doing an HTTP post to the rest entities WorkflowOperation & WorkflowOperationArguments which was in the API guide you linked to.  We're implementing some more strongly typed interfaces in the future to make this easier.

0 Kudos
harkamal
Expert
Expert

Hi Phil

yes, I need to provision a vm from a blueprint.

we can use Powershell runspace or c#, appreciate if you can share some code 🙂

havent been through extensibility session yet.

many thanks.

hk

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

These are samples that are proivded during extensibility training.  They aren't plug and play so you'll probably need to modify them slightly to get them to work.  I wanted to try them out but didn't have enough off hours time to do it. 😃

Normally you can get more help on this if you have CDK licenses with developer support, but maybe this is enough for you to figure it out.

harkamal
Expert
Expert

Many thanks !

0 Kudos