VMware Cloud Community
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem with : vCloud Automation Center configuration

Hello!

I am trying to install the vCAC IaaS (the two appliances are already set up), but I have a problem and I can't find a solution while looking on Internet so I am trying here ...

So I followed all the steps thats are told in a lot of tutorials and the Prerequisite Checker when is scan my machine everything seems alright, but when I want to go the other steps and I click "next" I get this error and I don't even know what it means "Virtual application repository exists".

Here is a screenshot :

Capture1.JPG

Someone has any idea of what this error means ana how can I solve this problem.

Thanks a lot!

14 Replies
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

First, I'd recommend you use FQDN instead of just host name for any server fields.

Have you already attempted the install before but it didn't complete (failed)?  You will need to delete the database before another install attempt, if that is the case.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I use the FQDN I get this error (screen shot below).

Yes the installation failed yesterday but after this step and this step was valid without any error. So after that I've made sure that the db was deleted before launching the installation. Even with another name of db i got the same errors.

Capture.JPGd.JPG

Any idea of what can cause there errors ?

thanks

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you are getting that when using FQDN, I'd look to some issue with DNS.  Can you ping the DB server from the IaaS server using FQDN?

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

I suggest you download this PDF  (if not already). It will be extremely helpful -[virtualjad.com]: vCloud Automation Center 6.0 POC and Detailed Implementation Guide

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

this looks to me

1. You had made several (at least more then one) unsuccessful installation attempts on the same server without complete cleanup before each attempt.
  2. Your Server is not properly Registered to DNS or you are not supplying proper FQDN to the Configuration Wizard (In above Screen-print 'Current Server hold NetBIOS name not FQDN)
  3. You must have Firewall disabled or required ports enabled before communicating to remote DB server, but as per the screen-print, you seems to have DB on the local server. For POC purposes, you can use 'Localhost' to establish communication with the DB server.
  4. To troubleshoot SQL communication you can do simple telnet to the DB server`s FQDN to check on Port or create ODBC connection if everything else turned out to be working /resolved.

Hope these might help you resolve the issue.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

2- The server is properly registred to DNS and no problem with the FQDN I guess

3- The firewall is disabled, and I tried with the localhost but still the same error

4- I tried the telnet and everything seems alright

So I think I have a problem with the cache because I tried to do the installation before and at some point it failed so I will try to "clean" the VM and will see Smiley Happy

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The concrete error 'Virtual application Repository exists' is because of the previously failed installation.

Start IIS Manager and delete these sites 'repository', 'vcac', 'wapi', 'vcacreports' as well as vcac application pools.

Again from IIS Manager remove port binding to port 443.

Also before trying again delete the whole vCAC folder from the previous installation (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC).

Cheers,

Lazo

sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Laz0

Thank you so much, I think that you are right, because after deleting the "repository" and "the vcac appilcation pools" the error changed to "the port 443 is already in use by another application. please use another port or unistall the application that is using it", and then I removed the port binding to port 443.

Thank you so much Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

0 Kudos
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you so much, It really helps.

After solving and cleaning the IIS, I get this error in the logs "Encryption passphrase failed" Do you have any idea of what can cause this problem ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is your host name longer than 15 characters? That may be related to the fact that Microsoft NETBIOS name is truncated to 15 chars, in that case I would suggest renaming the host to some shorter name.

Laz0

0 Kudos
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you mean by the host my Iaas server or my vcac appliance they are both les than 15 characters.

0 Kudos
Laz0
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I menat IaaS host name, well if it's shorter than 15 then it's something else..

Encrypting passphrase failed Vcac 6

See these 2 responses, both are very important - empty vcac folder time sync between appliance and iaas machines

0 Kudos
sawakine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeeees, thank youu! The folder had to be clean from the previous installation grrrr

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos