VMware Cloud Community
virtualsabi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No icons for any action after vRA 6.2.1 Upgrade

Hi,

after upgrading an existing and working vCAC 6.1 installation (minimal) to vRA 6.2.1 all icons for any action (built-in) got replaced by the default one for resource operations (cafe_default_icon_genericResourceOperation).

For built-in actions you're not able to set custom icons, so how can i get those built-in icons back (e.g. Power-On Power-Off, etc.)

Anybody facing the same issue and got it fixed?

Greetz

NoIconActions.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

There you go  Smiley Happy

Edit: May not specifically fix the Icons, but we upgraded and have our icons. (though I have noticed in every version we have been in that icons tend to be a little off at times in general... maybe see if a different browser works if you already applied the hotfix)

Re: Custom Actions unavailable after vRA 6.2.1 upgrade

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

There you go  Smiley Happy

Edit: May not specifically fix the Icons, but we upgraded and have our icons. (though I have noticed in every version we have been in that icons tend to be a little off at times in general... maybe see if a different browser works if you already applied the hotfix)

Re: Custom Actions unavailable after vRA 6.2.1 upgrade

0 Kudos
virtualsabi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the hint!

I've already applied the hotfix because, we also had an SR open for it to get it fixed.

But the "missing icon problem" was fixed by reregistering the CatalogTypes, mentioned in your linked post/thread.

Vcac-Config.exe RegisterCatalogTypes -v

Greetz

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Oh... good to know.  Thanks!

0 Kudos