VMware Cloud Community
MikeErter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New Reservation, no Storage Paths

Hi vCloud community,

Working through vCAC docs here.  The docs say to select a Storage Path in the Resources tab.

Problem is, there are no Storage Paths listed there. What does one do to add one?

Thank you!

P.S. - Off to google for an answer- just want to ask the experts first Smiley Happy

8 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does the selected cluster have datastores added?

-Steve
0 Kudos
MikeErter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes- there are definitely Datastores connected to the hosts in the selected cluster...

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would check the data collection for the compute and make sure the cluster actually had all of it's values brought in. Do the portgroups show up in the network tab?

-Steve
0 Kudos
MikeErter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good question Smiley Happy - I don't know how to check that, but I'll figure it out and let you know.

0 Kudos
christianpg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If the DEMs integrate the same way in 6.0 as in 5.2; is your DEM user account having the correct permissions in vCenter? If I remember correct, storage permissions are set in the scope of the datacenter instead of the cluster. Verify by logging in via the vSphere client/website with the DEM user and verify that you can browse datastores. BTW: same goes for networks...

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Actually, it not DEM Service Account which does communicate with vCenter, but it is the service account used to register vCenter with vCAC . So few basic requirement are

1- Endpoint credential and vSphere Agent Service Account should be same

2- This Service account must have Administrative Privileges to the vCenter server

3- Ideally the Service Account used to Register vSphere agent and account used to Install complete IAAS component(s) should be same.

to verify if this is an authentication issue, Navigate to Administration>Monitor>Logs in your vCAC console and check for logs which should talk about Access Denied or something. Else look for some other error which it will definitely logging for not being able to pull vCenter inventory.

You may trigger Compute Resources Inventory pull from 'Home>Infrastructure>Compute Resources>Compute Resources'

Select the Compute resource and hover it to get option 'Data Collection' run the inventory pull and you should be all set.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Great summary from MG.

Also worth noting that the collection does take a while. I've had a few instances now where my Compute Resource shows up with no storage or networking. I go make a coffee, come back and the Collection is finished and everything is as I expect it.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
davidmirror
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Maybe and old thread and maybe you already solved it.

This also happened to me in a vRA 6.2.2+vCD 5.6.4 environment and I solved it by enabling all the Distributed Transaction Coordinator - related Firewall rules in the Windows Firewall at the MS SQL Server that host the IaaS database

Thanks.

0 Kudos