VMware Cloud Community
skoch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Migrating vRA 6.2 extensibility to vRA 7

I'm doing a vRA 7 deployment and I understand that the extensibility has changed and that there is now the Event Broker. While this is very awesome, it's also a bit overwhelming.

What would the equivalent of the below stubs be in vRA 7?

ExternalWFStubs.BuildingMachine

ExternalWFStubs.MachineProvisioned

ExternalWFStubs.BuildingMachine

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Take a look at this blog Enabling the Event Broker‌ and specifically this spreadsheet vRA 7 EB Statechange Order‌. It's the best reference I've found so far. Those lifecycle events are still there but now have a pre and post state. To my understanding, the old way of running your workflows still works but you should try to move to the event broker. I didn't want to switch over at first either but it it much nicer. You will have to restructure your input and outputs slightly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Take a look at this blog Enabling the Event Broker‌ and specifically this spreadsheet vRA 7 EB Statechange Order‌. It's the best reference I've found so far. Those lifecycle events are still there but now have a pre and post state. To my understanding, the old way of running your workflows still works but you should try to move to the event broker. I didn't want to switch over at first either but it it much nicer. You will have to restructure your input and outputs slightly.

0 Kudos
skoch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Awesome, that helped a ton, thanks!!!

0 Kudos