VMware Cloud Community
gbeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Machine account not deleted from AD

Hi, I have two vRA 7.5 installations, one for a customer (build 10053500) and one we use internally (build 16877598). When deleting an deployment from the customer vRA the machine account is deleted from AD, while the internal vRA does not delete the machine account from AD. I've added the following custom properties in both vRA installations:

Plugin.AdMachineCleanup.UserName
Plugin.AdMachineCleanup.Password
Plugin.AdMachineCleanup.Domain
Plugin.AdMachineCleanup.Execute
Plugin.AdMachineCleanup.Delete

In the customer vRA the first three properties are fixed values but in the internal vRA we set the properties based on the domain the user selects when deploying a server. 

When comparing deplyment properties, the customer vRA deployment has three properties that are not present on a deployment in the internal vRA:

ext.policy.activedirectory.computerGuid
ext.policy.activedirectory.endpoint.id
ext.policy.activedirectory.system.id

Since "ext.policy.activedirectory.computerGuid" is used by the "Remove machine from ad" workflow, I'm pretty sure that the missing properties are the reason for the machine accounts not getting deleted.

There must be a difference between the two installations, but I'm unable to find it. I'm hoping someone might point me in the right direction. 

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies