VMware Cloud Community
jigangwangbeiji
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Jar is gone after reboot vRA8

Hi :

I am adding a mysql database connection to my vRA8 embedded vRO.

after upload the jar to /data/vco/usr/lib/vco/app-server/lib,  i rebooted the vRA8 appliance.  but the jar is gone.

in vRA7.6 embedded vRO, i uploaded the jar to /usr/lib/vco/app-server/lib/, after that. i am able to reboot the vco server by running command 'service vco-server restart', which was not found in vRA8.

Could anyone please share some insight?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is a known issue with 8.x - when a pod is restarted / redeployed, the custom jar you copied manually is not carried over.

There is an open support request about this issue. As far as I know, the fix is not ready yet.

7.x and 8.x deployment models are a bit different, so such workarounds with manually copying files may not be applicable in 8.x.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is a known issue with 8.x - when a pod is restarted / redeployed, the custom jar you copied manually is not carried over.

There is an open support request about this issue. As far as I know, the fix is not ready yet.

7.x and 8.x deployment models are a bit different, so such workarounds with manually copying files may not be applicable in 8.x.

0 Kudos
jigangwangbeiji
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I C. Thank you llian.

is there a URL to link to this known issue on official website?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not sure if there is an externally visible URL accessible from the official website. I see you are VMware employee, so I can send you PM with the issue number in VMware's internal bug tracking system.

0 Kudos
jigangwangbeiji
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos