VMware Cloud Community
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with vRA Drop Down List

I've rechecked my work on this simple task several times and can't figure out why I'm getting the result that I am.  In attempt to simply create a test dropdown list in vRA, the display name doesn't show up properly nor does the drop down list populate.  I've attached a pic of all the settings involved.  Another set of eyes on this will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor

As an update, I did create a simple drop down list in another vRA instance and it worked perfectly.  Any guidance onto how to resolve this in my dev environment would be appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
thawkbravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using any provisioning screen layout ? If yes, add this property to the layout as well.

0 Kudos
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor

When you say provisioning screen, are you saying via Advanced Services?  If so no, I'm using a normal blueprint. 

0 Kudos
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor

I misunderstood what you were stating previously.  No, I am not using Property Layouts for this either.

0 Kudos
zebduin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you select (apply) the Build Profile within the blueprint?

0 Kudos
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't include it in a Build Profile.  I created it in the Property Dictionary then included it in the Custom Properties in the Blueprint.  Also, I'm working with VMware support on this who is also stumped.  Might have uncovered a bug, but we're still troubleshooting.

0 Kudos
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor

Was never able to resolve this, ended up reinstalling IaaS and vRA appliance.  The assumption was that this issue came about either from the upgrade from vRA 6.2 to 6.2.2 or when we upgraded our SQL server from 2008 to 2012.

0 Kudos