VMware Cloud Community
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there any functionality for batch editing of deployments in vRA 7.2?

Hello,

We are finding it burdensome to manage deployments in vra. When it comes to deleting them, if a user has 20 deployments of single VMs, we have to click each one individually in vra console to destroy it. Then we have to click "ok" on the dialog that pops up. Is there anyway to multi-select or batch manage deployments/machines in vra? If I delete the machine under managed machines, will it also delete the deployment?

Regards,

Darrenoid

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if you want to script it you could use the cloudclient

0 Kudos
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Scripting has its uses, but I would like the end users to be able to do this through the self service portal. I do not expect them to understand how to use the cloudclient for scripting. I thought I must be missing something, but I cannot find anyway to do this in the UI. I will submit a feature request to add multiselect capabilities in the UI.

As a side not, I have not found a way to prevent cloudclient from authenticating every time I run the command, so scripting is kind of clunky. I have to wait a long time between commands and if I am running a large for loop, this adds up.

Darrenoid

0 Kudos
CSvec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The only way to do this for an end user would be to create an XaaS blueprint that takes input on how to locate the deployments in question(probably a form checkbox) and then calls a delete.

0 Kudos