VMware Cloud Community
ssaumya123
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to install vRealize automation or vRealize orchestration appliances on windows/linux platform without the vcenter server/vsphere web client? if yes, then anyone can provide necessary information in terms of steps to configure VRA/VRO.

Hi,

Anyone can share their thought on the Question in the subject line, as I have some requirement to setup VRA/VRO, but facing some difficulties, as I don't want to pre-install vSphere Exi Management server/vSphere vcenter server to serve the purpose.

I have searched a lot, and find out that VRO version 6.5.1 supports windows installer, but now nothing is provided or listed on VMware product portal. Kindly addressed this concern on high priority.

Regards,

Saumya Gupta

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No, these only deploy as pre-built appliances. You cannot deploy vRA or vRO unless you have vSphere running (both vCenter and ESXi).

ssaumya123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information.

But as I saw some videos related to the deployment of vRA, they are either using the vCenter server or vSphere web client, but not using both. So kindly addressed do we need to have both or one of them is sufficient to solve the task.

Regards,

Saumya Gupta

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I don't understand what you mean. vCenter is required in order to use vRA. The vSphere Web Client is a part of vCenter server.

0 Kudos