VMware Cloud Community
glanzmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Installing the Guest Agent in Windows 2012 does not list the guest radiobox

Hello, we just installed vcac 5.2 and have trouble installing the guest agent under Windows 2012: The radio box for guest is missing. Please advice. Cheers,    Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
glanzmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I should have searched the documenation more throroughly: For all Windows reference machines: a. Download and extract setup\GugentZip.zip from the vCAC installation package into C:\ on the reference machine. This will produce the folder c:\VRMGuestAgent. Note: Do not change the name of the c:\VRMGuestAgent folder. b. In an elevated command prompt, run one of the following commands: (HTTP) winservice -i -h vcac_fqdn[:portnumber] (HTTPS) winservice -i -h vcac_fqdn[:portnumber -p ssl] Where vcac_fqdn is the fully qualified domain name of the vCAC server host, and the optional portnumber is the port number for the ProxyAgentService endpoint on that host. If you don’t specify a port number, vCAC assigns the default port number 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS) for the ProxyAgentService endpoint. The name of the Windows service is VCACGuestAgentService. The installation log VCACGuestAgentService.log can be found in c:\VRMGuestAgent.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
glanzmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I should have searched the documenation more throroughly: For all Windows reference machines: a. Download and extract setup\GugentZip.zip from the vCAC installation package into C:\ on the reference machine. This will produce the folder c:\VRMGuestAgent. Note: Do not change the name of the c:\VRMGuestAgent folder. b. In an elevated command prompt, run one of the following commands: (HTTP) winservice -i -h vcac_fqdn[:portnumber] (HTTPS) winservice -i -h vcac_fqdn[:portnumber -p ssl] Where vcac_fqdn is the fully qualified domain name of the vCAC server host, and the optional portnumber is the port number for the ProxyAgentService endpoint on that host. If you don’t specify a port number, vCAC assigns the default port number 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS) for the ProxyAgentService endpoint. The name of the Windows service is VCACGuestAgentService. The installation log VCACGuestAgentService.log can be found in c:\VRMGuestAgent.

0 Kudos