VMware Cloud Community
ldelorenzi
Contributor
Contributor

Importing custom resources and resource actions via API

Good morning!

I'm looking for a way to import custom resources and resource actions either via vRO or the REST api. I'm in the process of adding functionality to a workflow that creates a new tenant and configures users, groups, blueprints, permissions, etc. But I haven't been able to find how to import either custom resources or resource actions. The closest I got is a 'Import Package' call, but it does not specify the tenant and I'm not sure I can use that. 

I know I can import the package with cloudclient (and it works for importing / exporting any content) but i'm not sure how to 'embed' that in the vRO workflow (maybe running a script in guest and calling cloudclient with the arguments, but that would imply I have this content in a Windows VM and I need to run it from there. I would prefer to have those resources on vRO)

Thanks in advance!

Automate Everything!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In short (although this may not answer your question), yes, it is possible, but it's non-trivial work. And you do not need to resort to CloudClient to do so. I can't share the code that accomplishes this but rest assured it is do-able.

0 Kudos
RobertRoderick
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar need regarding Importing custom resource Items. I know you cant share your code but any pointers as to how you accomplish the import would be helpful.

0 Kudos