VMware Cloud Community
vinny95
Contributor
Contributor

IaaS prerequ checker "Not OK - IIS server"

Hi all,

I am currently installing vCAC. SSO & vCAC appliances were OK

I tried to install IaaS on a 2008 R2 & 2012 servers. I followed VMware documentation, install all prerequisites, tried Kendrick Coleman prereq powershell scripts.

But each time I got to prereq checker during installation, I got errors on "Not OK - IIS Server".

Everything else is green/OK, IIS module, rights, etc etc.

But prereq checker still continues to throw me IIS error : either IIS is not installed or running, or auth module is not installed, even if prereq checker checks that module are installed & configured...

Have you already faced this error ?

thanks,

vincent

0 Kudos
7 Replies
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it doesnt help but I am getting the exact same on vRA 6.2.1 today while trying to install the iaas components

trying to troublshoot. any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
beefy147
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am wondering if it is erroring because I set my IIS install to the 😧 drive rather then the default C: drive

will try and test my theory

0 Kudos
zahir_fusiondat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Any update on this post? I also facing the same issues. I think it is a bug for 6.2.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you attach the screen-shot of what component its failing in IIS?

This is an issue with Microsoft IIS not updating the configuration file when you enable or disable Authentication or any other configurations. The configuration settings do not always get updated even though you change the UI in IIS to turn on these values. The installer is checking this configuration file. If you go into IIS and disable and then re-enable Windows Authentication and other offending settings, then select IIS Reset. The Configuration file gets updated and the per-reqchecker will pass. We put a note in the per-reqchecker about this it might be false positive.

0 Kudos
zahir_fusiondat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I manage to solve it by go to IIS Manager. Select the server in the left pane and double click 'Authentication' under the IIS group in the central pane. Select ASP.NET Impersonation and select 'Disable' at the top of the right pane. Disable at Server level and also Default Website.

0 Kudos