VMware Cloud Community
AntonSidorov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to make a user be able to increase default disk size during blueprint request?

I have the problem with "Capacity" field of the default volume, which is greyed out, so users cannot change its value during request. It's basic VM creation blueprint with only one disk configured (i don't need it at all, but it's required to be filled to save the blueprint) and checkbox "Allow user to see and change storage reservation policies" is checked. Users can add new volumes, but they cannot change the size of this one with ID=0. There are screenshots of request and blueprint in the attachment. vRA 7.0.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its a bug which will be fixed in 7.1.

If you are an API user, you can override the disk size by adding the custom property VirtualMachine.Disk0.size at request time.

Unfortunately through UI, right now there is no way to change the size of the disks added during the authoring time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
skoch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm seeing the same issue in vRA 7 when trying to change the disk size of a secondary disk on a clone blueprint.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Its a bug which will be fixed in 7.1.

If you are an API user, you can override the disk size by adding the custom property VirtualMachine.Disk0.size at request time.

Unfortunately through UI, right now there is no way to change the size of the disks added during the authoring time.

0 Kudos
skoch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When is 7.1 going to be released? Also, why is this not listed in the vRA 7 release notes?

I'm on a PSO engagement where being able to modify the disk size is a customer requirement and I checked the release notes twice and this (along with several other vRA and vRO 7 bugs) are missing.

Brian_Markussen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi rduddukuri

You write: "override the disk size by adding the custom property VirtualMachine.Disk0.size at request time" should it be changed in the VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Requested state?

Is custom property VirtualMachine.Disk0.size valid when using  Basic Workflow Blueprints?

I'm using vRA 7.1 https://pubs.vmware.com/vrealize-automation-71/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vrealize-automation-71-cu...

According to this Clone Blueprints and Linked Clone Blueprints uses VirtualMachine.Disk0.size.

VirtualMachine.Disk1.size and VirtualMachine.Disk2.size works just fine, but disk0 will not.

I uses JSON payload to request the Blueprint, but can't get the size of disk0 changed.

I tried to:

1. VirtualMachine.Disk0.size = 80

2. Edit the capacity of the disk config

3. Edit the storage

I keep end up with the size of the disk0 as specified in the Blueprint.

Part of JSON payload:

"disks": [{

"componentTypeId": "com.vmware.csp.iaas.blueprint.service",

"componentId": null,

"classId": "Infrastructure.Compute.Machine.MachineDisk",

"typeFilter": null,

"data": {

"capacity": 80,

"id": 1465892318307,

"initial_location": "",

"is_clone": false,

"label": "",