VMware Cloud Community
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'.

Hello All,

Recently I encountered the "HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'. I am using vRO 7.0 and vRA 7.0. I am trying to read an IaaS model entity by invoking an existing workflow "Read an IaaS model entity" (under library/vRealize Automation/Infrastructure Administration ) with entitySetName = VirtualMachines.  Normally it's working fine when I tried to execute the request with 1 deployment in Catalog Item request from vRA7 portal. But sometimes it failed when I tried to execute the request with 4/5 dployments in the Catalog Item request from vRA7 portal. Below is the screenshot of the the existing workflow . Initially I thought it is with the locking issue. So I have also implemented the locking mechanism before calling to this workflow. But the issue is still persisting. Also, I am using the EBS to get trigger the custom workflow ( in that custom workflow I am using this "Read an IaaS model entity"workflow)..

Can you please let me know how to resolve this issue ? Strange thing is that it is happening during multiple deployments in the same request. It's working fine with 1 deployment in 1 request.

ReadModelEntity.png

entity = vCACEntityManager.readModelEntity(host.id, modelName, entitySetName, entityId, headers);

Below is the error log:

2016-05-30 14:07:30.106+0000 [http-nio-127.0.0.1-8280-exec-35] WARN  {} [SDKFinder] Unable to perform operation 'find('Entity', '%28guid%272565156a-5f41-4481-984c-6c27f71245f5%27%29%4066afbe3a-10c7-49cf-b9e4-b75f27aa0f03%40ManagementModelEntities.svc%40VirtualMachines')' on plugin 'vCAC' : com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.ServiceException: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"><m:code /><m:message xml:lang="en-US">Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'.</m:message></m:error>

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.DirectInvoker.invoke(DirectInvoker.java:57)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.SDKPluginFactoryInvoker.fetchObject(SDKPluginFactoryInvoker.java:162)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.SDKFinder.fetchObject(SDKFinder.java:170)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.SDKFinder.findForId(SDKFinder.java:148)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.ModulesFactory.findForId(ModulesFactory.java:636)

at com.vmware.o11n.sdk.EnhancedScriptingSDK.findForId(EnhancedScriptingSDK.java:137)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.sdk.SdkModuleServiceImpl.findForId(SdkModuleServiceImpl.java:64)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.factory.VcoFactoryFacade.findForId(VcoFactoryFacade.java:1729)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor405.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.security.AccessRightsInterceptor.invoke(AccessRightsInterceptor.java:97)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.security.AccessRightsInterceptor.invoke(AccessRightsInterceptor.java:88)

at com.vmware.o11n.service.webremoting.VcoDelegatingWebFacade.invokeOperation(VcoDelegatingWebFacade.java:106)

at com.vmware.o11n.integration.initialization.VcoFactoryServiceFacadeProxy.invokeOperation(VcoFactoryServiceFacadeProxy.java:86)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor292.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:201)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.invokeOperation(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor291.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.remoting.support.RemoteInvocation.invoke(RemoteInvocation.java:212)

at org.springframework.remoting.support.DefaultRemoteInvocationExecutor.invoke(DefaultRemoteInvocationExecutor.java:39)

at org.springframework.remoting.support.RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.invoke(RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.java:78)

at org.springframework.remoting.support.RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.invokeAndCreateResult(RemoteInvocationBasedExporter.java:114)

at org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.HttpInvokerServiceExporter.handleRequest(HttpInvokerServiceExporter.java:74)

at org.springframework.web.context.support.HttpRequestHandlerServlet.service(HttpRequestHandlerServlet.java:67)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:291)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at net.sf.ehcache.constructs.web.filter.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:95)

at net.sf.ehcache.constructs.web.filter.Filter.doFilter(Filter.java:86)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:239)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:219)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:614)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:142)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve.invoke(RemoteIpValve.java:676)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:616)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:518)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1091)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:673)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1526)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1482)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.ServiceException: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><m:error xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"><m:code /><m:message xml:lang="en-US">Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachines'.</m:message></m:error>

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.model.support.ErrorMessageParser.parse(ErrorMessageParser.java:59)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.cxf.VcoODataCxfClient.doRequest(VcoODataCxfClient.java:358)

at org.odata4j.consumer.AbstractODataClient.getEntity(AbstractODataClient.java:65)

at org.odata4j.consumer.ex.ConsumerGetEntityRequestEx.execute(ConsumerGetEntityRequestEx.java:114)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.model.support.ODataAccessService.findById(ODataAccessService.java:874)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.model.Entity.createEntity(Entity.java:121)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.dynamicops.VcacPluginFactory.find(VcacPluginFactory.java:65)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.sdk.spring.AbstractSpringPluginFactory.find(AbstractSpringPluginFactory.java:143)

... 61 more

2016-05-30 14:07:30.108+0000 [http-nio-127.0.0.1-8280-exec-35] ERROR {} [VcoDelegatingWebFacade] Server Error...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

just a long shot, had that problem once with VC:VirtualMachines and the problem was that I forgot to add all vCenters as endpoints to Orchestrator. I had only 1 of the 2 added. and whenever i deployed into the 2nd vCenter it would fail.

0 Kudos
koushik_vmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I was able to correct the issue by using proper locking and unlocking mechanism for multiple deployment scenarios.

Thnx,

Koushik

0 Kudos