VMware Cloud Community
Henrique_Cicuto
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Event subscription - Event ID - where does it come from?

Good evening,

I´m using vRA event subscription to call vRO workflows during "machine provisioned" provisioning state.

The call happens successfully, therefore all is good here.

My question is actually related to the information within the event. The machine provisioning event passes to vRO information like "machine", "blueprintName", "endpointId" and so on.

One of those information is "requestId".

I was trying to use that requestId to get request related to the recently provisioned machine.

The thing is, while checking the vRO inventory and the "requestId" variable passed by vRA, I noticed that the "requestId" passed down by vRA and the "requestId" in the Requests are not the same.

Therefore, is there a way I can get the catalog item request related to a virtual machine being provisione by vRA?

Thank you once again.

Edit: Added screenshots with the differences between the two

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
filosmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you can get the machine name, you can use the following:

var ents = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.findCatalogResources(host, vmName);

var req = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.getCatalogItemRequest(host, ents[0].requestId);

where host is a vCACCAFE:vCACHost, and vmName is the name of the machine passed to you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
filosmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you can get the machine name, you can use the following:

var ents = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.findCatalogResources(host, vmName);

var req = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.getCatalogItemRequest(host, ents[0].requestId);

where host is a vCACCAFE:vCACHost, and vmName is the name of the machine passed to you.

0 Kudos