VMware Cloud Community
amosquera1
Contributor
Contributor

Error Deploy vra 8.0.1 in vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager

VraVaInitializeTask.  LCMVRAVACONFIG590003

Error Code: LCMVRAVACONFIG590003

Cluster initialization failed on vRA.

vRA va initialize failed on : vrava-primary.demo.com, Please login to the vRA and check /var/log/deploy.log file for more information on failure. If its a vRA HA and to reset the load balancer, set the 'isLBRetry' to 'true' and enter a valid load balancer hostname.

com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.common.exception.EngineException: vRA va initialize failed on : vrava-primary.demo.com, Please login to the vRA and check /var/log/deploy.log file for more information on failure. If its a vRA HA and to reset the load balancer, set the 'isLBRetry' to 'true' and enter a valid load balancer hostname.  at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra80.task.VraVaInitializeTask.execute(VraVaInitializeTask.java:120) at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra80.task.VraVaInitializeTask.retry(VraVaInitializeTask.java:198) at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.automata.core.TaskThread.run(TaskThread.java:43) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748).

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sany_1973
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried many times and I got the same error.

Check your DNS are good and resolving vra and vidm(identity manager).

I added vidm and its ip in the host file of vra while it installing

fresh install will have more chance to succeed

Thanks,

0 Kudos
VIR2AL3X
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

amosquera1​ - this is a known issue and has been documented in the following KBs.  Be sure not to enable CEIP during the deployment, it can be enabled afterwards. 

KB76053

Also, there is a the chance that the the vco deployment part may fail due to using an expired root account password.  Do the following:

KB76870

It's probably best to perform the workarounds from both KBs then click Retry on the deployment from within vRSLCM.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
alagar_ford
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Article was help me out to get this issue resolved for both vRA embadded vRO as well as ecternal vRO.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yep, I had exactly same issue, it got fixed using this article KB76870

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos
garymboy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you use IPs in the Subnet 172.16/12 (172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255) in your Network? Check out this entry: vRA 8.1 deployment failure - LCMVRAVACONFIG590003 - Unable to read vRA certificate configuration for...

That fixed my issue.

0 Kudos
one_topsy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The fix in kb 76870 worked for me as well

------ VCP6-DCV | Aspiring VMWare expert
0 Kudos
MostafaElSayedF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is well know issue in the installation.  you should first check the log for "/var/log/deploy.log" to identify exactly what is the error if you found that the error

[ Error: Unable to configure database. vco-server-app is waiting to start]  and this due to the vco-server-app trying to start but failed due to the builtin password expired .

you can run "kubectl get pods -n prelude" to check this service.

SO the resolution in this link VMware Knowledge Base

I hope this answer your question and i hope that this become answer or helpful comment for you. also, for More details and more information just follow my blog https://www.syncgates.com Mostafa Fahmy
0 Kudos
RJ1312
Contributor
Contributor

Do we have to make the changes according to "https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76870" on vRA or vRSLCM itslef ?

thanks

0 Kudos
myvmware3
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Same problem. What are the options for solving the problem at the moment? Version: 8.6.0.20 Build: 18747913

vracli ceip is off , and also there is no launch of vco-app.

All esxi hosts, vcenter and virtual machines have resolving vra and vidm.

Still tell me, esxi hosts and vRA should be in the same domain or is it not important?

0 Kudos