VMware Cloud Community
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert

Error: Cannot Load Cloud Templates (vra8.5)

So, I had a single node vra8.4 installation working without any issues for approx 4 months. I upgraded using LCM (all patched, IDM patched first etc) to 8.5.

Since then I am getting random occurrences in Cloud Assembly of the following error: ERROR: Cannot Load Cloud Templates.

The only solution appears to be a full reboot of the node. Has anyone else experienced this at all?

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points
0 Kudos
5 Replies
johnbowdre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've not encountered that with any of my (3) vRA 8.5 environments.

Anything useful in the logs? Are your Cloud Assembly Templates stored locally in Cloud Assembly or pulled in from an external version control system?

0 Kudos
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert

Hey thanks for reaching out - oddly there is nothing in the logs. All the templates are stored locally in Cloud Assembly, no pulled in for GIT or the likes. It is a strange one. I am resisting the urge/time to do a fresh deploy as it would be good to see if anyone else has seen this and has a solution incase it crops up again

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points
0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

Which log did you check? Have you found this error message in a log file?

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Make sure your local root password has not expired.  In the past I've hit issues where an expired root password causes weird behavior.

0 Kudos
dlof
Contributor
Contributor

I have seen a similar error twice now. When I go to the deign tab to load cloud templates, I got the error:

Error loading cloud templates
Server Error: 500

The first time this happened I rebooted the vra appliance and the error went away. The second time I had my team check and they were not getting this error. So I cleared my browser cache (chrome) and tried again and the error went away.

0 Kudos