VMware Cloud Community
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Encrypting Passphrase Failed

Hello,

We have been trying to configure IaaS components for vCAC 6.0.1, We have SQL installed in a machine and we need website and Module Manager on the other machine. It takes all the information and even starts the installation and right in the middle it throws an error of Encrypting Pass phrase failed.We have tried with password with special characters and simple passwords,  we have synchronized the time b/n identity appliance, vcac appliance, IaaS machine, once the installation is failed those have been removed from control panel and have also installed and configured appliances couple of times. Could anyone help us on this issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Ashwini Rao A

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gsaliensjr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a similar problem.  It all stemmed from using self-signed certificates.  The way I got around it was to install Microsoft certificate server in your domain environment.  Create a cert

then export it to a .pfx file and import that pfx file to IIS.

0 Kudos
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I tried installing again with Microsoft .pfx certificate without any luck, I got the Microsoft .pfx cert from IIS server, can you let me know how you got yours Microsoft certificate?

Thanks and Regards,

ARao.

0 Kudos