VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Enable notifications as default for all existing and new users

Hi all,

so I know this topic was discussed a few postsbelow , however I am not satisfied with the solution, I don't really know why it was marked as answered. The question remains: is it possible, in the current version of vCAC, to enable notification as default.

I'm looking for a solution, based on what bugblatterbeastoftraal provided so far, and it seems, that you have to edit the vCAC appliance DB and add entries per user, to enable notifications for them. These are the actions I did, after connecting to the vcac databse:

The tables usernotificationpreference and usernotificationpreference_notificationdeliverymechanisms are the places, where the entries have to be made:

38542_38542.pngpastedImage_2.png

In this example I have disabled notifications for one user - the change is being reflected in the row value change.

In usernotificationpreference the first column represents the usernames in upn format, the second - the number of times the enble\disable notification value has been changed (+1 for every change).

In usernotificationpreference_notificationdeliverymechanisms the first column represents the usernames again, the second one indicates if the notifications are enabled, the third one is the id of the notification provider (SMTP relay), from the table notificationprovider. I guess you have to insert each username there and tag it with a "t" to enable notifications. Is possible to send notifications to a user, that has no role assigned in vCAC (the user account being available thorugh the identity stored tied to vcac though), but still should recieve status change for approvals and requests (for example a service account which has a functional mailbox tied to it, which AD group members can access, but don't use this service account to approve requests or similar)?

EDIT: I've tested this solution and it works, it seems the user has to be neither in a business group nor entitled to a service. Still I'd like to know, if it is possible to mass enable the notifications.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CKloseFUM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I created a vCO Workflow to schedule that as it is not possible to enable it in the current version by default.

Re: vCAC 6 enable Notifications by default for users

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

It will be an available option in 6.1 from what I understand.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos