VMware Cloud Community
Rohanbajaj
Contributor
Contributor

EPI AGENT AND CITRIX PROVISIONING

Hi All,

I am trying to provision a machine that will contact with the citrix PVS server and will fetch a vdisk for streaming.

I have installed and configured the EPI agent for citrix provisioning.

My question is-- will the EPI agent register the machine itself or do i still need to make an manual entry to add the vm into the PVS console under device collections.

Thanks in advance for the help..

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This seems to be an entirely Citrix question. Where do you want to know about vRA?

0 Kudos
Rohanbajaj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I want to know the correct working of the EPI agent and its role in the citrix provisioning as no matter how I configure the agent in the environment

I  still have to make manual entries into the PVS console.

otherwise the machines deployed from vra will not boot up from the vdisk.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Those are all Citrix technologies with which I'm unfamiliar, but if you can explain what your provisioning looks like in vRA and what you're doing with any extensibility, we might be able to help.

0 Kudos
Rohanbajaj
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to create a VM  using the create action in VRA.

The VM will have no OS initially and will be set to boot from the network.

I have an EPI agent installed and added as an endpoint in my environment to connect to a PVS server.

The idea is to accomplish CITRIX provisioning  ie.- The vDisk should be streamed to the machines which are provisioned from the VRA.

Now what I want to ask is what will this EPI agent does in VRA.

is it just that the EPI agent does the discovery process and not the registeration process?

The correct working for the epi agent in VRA is not clear to me.

0 Kudos