VMware Cloud Community
Harkamals
Contributor
Contributor

Design center question

Design center when launched has no skills (which I haven't installed, so it's obvious), it also does not show any dem workers and the options to add/remove is also disabled. It's a licensed copy.

what could be the reason ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdamBohle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you click on Manage Skills within Design Center are you creating a Skill first and then adding it to the list with the + button? once you do that you should be able to select DEM Workers and Workflows to assign the skills too

0 Kudos
Harkamals
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, just wondering if I will only be able to add dem's after I have any skill to add ?

the options to add dem is disabled, so that's the question. I'll be getting the workflows soon and that should install skills. I am preparing for groundwork for now.

thnaks !

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If I understand correctly, what your attempting to do isn't supported through this interface.  The DEM register with the system when they're installed, so you can't preemptively add them and their skills until they're online.  In reality, it's just a databse record but adding them directly isn't necessarily supported/tested.

0 Kudos
Harkamals
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, the DEMs are online but the skills aren't installed yet. So I was wondering if option to +\- DEMs will become available.

0 Kudos
vmmeup
Expert
Expert

It would be possible to have your custom workflow initiate another workflow that deploys a new server that is configured to auto-deploy the DEM service on post-provisioning.  Not sure if this si exactly what you are looking for. Just curious why woul dyou want to deploy the DEMs in this fashion?

Thanks,

Sid Smith

http://www.dailyhypervisor.com

Sid Smith ----- VCP, VTSP, CCNA, CCA(Xen Server), MCTS Hyper-V & SCVMM08 [http://www.dailyhypervisor.com] - Don't forget to award points for correct and helpful answers. 😉
0 Kudos
harkamal
Expert
Expert

I was trying to assign certain skills (custom workflows) to certain DEM workers dispersed in the regions. So thats been solved as per Phil's advice above.

0 Kudos