VMware Cloud Community
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Debug vCAC Email Notifications

I have email notifications enabled and an outbound server that I know works configured. In the /var/log/vmware/vcac/catalina.out log I am seeing an error containing "Exception during add message to queue". Log screen shot attached. Has anyone had trouble with email notifications in vCAC? Is there anyway to debug the email settings?  Thanks.

email log.png

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This issue was caused by the the email field of the users email account not being a valid address. Example, I was logged in as echotome@sub.domain.com but my email is echotome@domain.com. If you go to Administration > Users and search my username the email field was blank. I added my real email to the account in AD and the issue was resolved.

TL;DR - Verify user names, emails and other properties using Administration > Users to verify that vCAC has the right information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This issue was caused by the the email field of the users email account not being a valid address. Example, I was logged in as echotome@sub.domain.com but my email is echotome@domain.com. If you go to Administration > Users and search my username the email field was blank. I added my real email to the account in AD and the issue was resolved.

TL;DR - Verify user names, emails and other properties using Administration > Users to verify that vCAC has the right information.