VMware Cloud Community
xiong023
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DEM Worker Installation Error Status 1602

I'm unable to install a second instance of the DEM Worker on a second system for redundancy, getting the following error:

== Logging stopped: 10/14/2013  15:40:44 ===

MSI (c) (C4:58) [15:40:44:233]: Product: VMware vCloud Automation Center DEM -- Installation failed.

MSI (c) (C4:58) [15:40:44:233]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: VMware vCloud Automation Center DEM. Product Version: 5.2.3.349. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: VMware, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1602.

I was to install the first instance of the DEM Worker and Orchestrator on the first system with no problems.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just a quick obvious question, you are using a different DEM worker name than the first one? If so, can you include more of the log?

0 Kudos
xiong023
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Correct, the DEM Worker names are different.  I found the problem in the logs:

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

I failed to check the credentials as the install process allowed me to proceed with the DEM Worker install process even though I had the "Validate Manager Service service endpoint" checked.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It looks like your account cannot access the model manager service endpoint rather than the manager service.

To be sure though you could restart iis and the vcac services on the server.

If that's working before you install test from your secondary DEM server that you can access the model manager endpoint in a browser while being logged into the server as your service account.

http(s)://<hostname>/repository/Data/MetaModel.svc/

This should load some xml data and not throw any exceptions.  Also, take not of certificate warnings, if you aren't trusting the certificate you should try adding it to the trusted store.

0 Kudos
chanaka_ek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

have you added the ssl certificate from the model manager server in to the local cert store of the new server where you are trying to install the second dem?

see my blog post about the same here

http://chansblog.com/vcac-6-1-secondary-dem-orcehstrator-and-worker-installation-error-error-3-21472...

0 Kudos