VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

DBUpgrade Issue while upgrading vcac 6.1 to 6.2

i am facing issue while upgrading database from dbupgrade utility from vcac 6.1 to 6.2

Please find the log file for more details on this in attached log file.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Issue resolved. Issue was due to java 1.8. i degraded the java version to 1.7 then it is upgraded without any issue. i don't know why it was not working with java 1.8? i think it is product bug.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think you should not be using java 1.8. And can you try using FQDN  instead of the "localhost" ?

0 Kudos
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

According to the Documentation its clearly mentioned(http://pubs.vmware.com/vra-62/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vrealize-automation-62-upgrading.pdf).

Upgrade the Database

An administrator must upgrade the database with the DBUpgrade.exe command before upgrading the IaaS

components.

The DBUpgrade command requires the names of the SQL Server database instance and the

vRealize Automation database and the port number if you are using a port other than the default SQL port.

It can use Windows authentication or it accepts credentials to access the database using SQL authentication.

It creates a log file named dbupgrade.log in the current directory if you do not provide a path name for a

different log file.

IMPORTANT Run this command only once during an upgrade.

If the correct Java version is not installed, or if the JAVA_HOME environment is set incorrectly, you see a

message similar to the following one:

Upgrading VMware vCAC or vCloud Automation Center IaaS SQL database

fails with the error: Java version 1.7(64-bit) must be installed,

the environment variable JAVA_HOME must be set to the Java install folder, and

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe (2089329)

For information about resolving the error, see the VMware Knowledge Base article at

VMware KB: Upgrading VMware vRealize Automation or VMware vRealize Automation IaaS SQL database fail...

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Issue resolved. Issue was due to java 1.8. i degraded the java version to 1.7 then it is upgraded without any issue. i don't know why it was not working with java 1.8? i think it is product bug.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos