VMware Cloud Community
goodrz
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Attributes in VRA blue prints

Custom Attributes in VRA blueprint

Hi

I am Very new to VRA. I have searched on similar topics here with no definitive answer for version VRA 8.2

I have a bluepirnt in VRA and trying to see how I can add separate dropdown in the blueprint for multiple existing Custom Attributes we have defined in Vcenter. I know there might be manyways. But I was thinking to create a custom resource and in the "lifecycle action" add the Embedded VRO worflow that already exist (called "Add custom attribute to a virtual machine"). I'll put as many as I need to equate to the number of Custom attributes we have in scope in Vcenter and populate the at blueprint deploy time just like I input everything else. 

Problem is when I try to create the lifecycle action and selecting the "Add custom attribute to a virtual machine". I get the following error. So I would be grateful if someone can explain what is wrong what and  can be done to get around this? need exact steps please as I am very novice 

goodrz_0-1638444316934.png

"The currently selected create workflow does not return a single instance of an SDK object type. Please select a workflow which has at least one singular (no 'Array/' prefix) SDK object type output parameter."

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies