VMware Cloud Community
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cost displays range

Hi,

Compute resource is  associated a cost profile. The cost profile has  set cost for memory(0.08), storage(0.06) and CPU(0.01).The blueprint does not have cost associated. Then requested a machine from the catalog( 2 cpu, 4096 mb memory, 16gb storage). . The cost displayed is 1.62-1.94. Why does it display range? I think it should display 1.30.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In Infrastructure > Compute resources > Cost profiles do you have both a cost profile and a storage cost profile?

If you check Infrastructure > Compute resources > compute resources then look at the cost profiles on your cluster. do you have cost applied to the cluster as well as the data stores?

Having storage cost profiles will create this spread when you are viewing the request.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What version of vCAC are you using? I have not seen a spread displayed anywhere like that but I have noticed that it appears to be set up for it. Where are is this displaying? Request? On the item?

0 Kudos
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are on vcac 6.0. It is displayed during new request and also in "requests" tab. Attached screen shots for new request and requests tab.

newrequest.pngrequests.png

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How long are your lease and archive times?

0 Kudos
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Archival days - 0

Lease days - blank

0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

In Infrastructure > Compute resources > Cost profiles do you have both a cost profile and a storage cost profile?

If you check Infrastructure > Compute resources > compute resources then look at the cost profiles on your cluster. do you have cost applied to the cluster as well as the data stores?

Having storage cost profiles will create this spread when you are viewing the request.

0 Kudos
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos