VMware Cloud Community
unhappyvra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Change CatalorResource ResourceData

Hi,

I'm working on a workflow to re-assign IP address to the vRA box (internal IPAM), don't ask why - I have to let users to put new IP address (as day-2 -- several days/weeks/months after provisioning) and vRO will change the current portgroup to the new one accordingly to new ip address + I can update IPAM through modelEntities to release old address and associate a new one.

I do know I can use "Reconfigure" to change portgroup - but I can not use it to assign specific address (I tried with RequestTemplate + JSON):

json.nics[0].data.name = new_portgroup;  // - always works

json.nics[0].data.staticNetworkAddress = "1.1.1.1"; //never works

So, long story short - after successful portgroup change by vRO and "Data Collection" in Items -- Machines I still see old address in "IP Address" column and in "Network" properties (however portgroup is new!).

I took a look on vCACCAFE:CatalogResource and saw that ResourceData() still have "ip_address" and "NETWORK_ADDRESS" with old ip... They change only if I run "Reconfigure" action... But as I said, I need to assign specific address instead of first "Unallocated" in the network profile.

So, the big question here - how can I sync vRA IPAM and CatalogResource objects? I see method setResourceData(Literal bla-bla) but have no idea how to apply changed ResourceData to the actual object.

Do you know the way to handle "manual" address change with full sync between all vRA's objects (IPAM tables, CatalogResources etc)?

0 Kudos
0 Replies