VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Catalog request fails: Network profile specified for the custom property VirtualMachine.Network0.NetworkProfileName does not exist.

This is the error message

Request [5995f1ec-954c-4526-80f9-34ec3c914273]: Component [w2k16gui]: Network profile specified for the custom property VirtualMachine.Network0.NetworkProfileName does not exist.

Some background

I created a property definition called VirtualMachine.Network0.NetworkProfileName.  I use a drop down list that contains three network profiles. All three are associated with my reservation.  The names have not changed. For example.  I have a network profile called DHCP.  I am allowing the vRA IPAM Solution to manage the IP range but I did add in DNS etc.  When I look at the profile I can drill down and see the existing VM's that I built previously. That profile is associated with a network on the Engineering reservation.

When the requestor selects the DHCP network the vNIC gets assigned to the DHCP network. Quick, eazy peazy.

I have upgraded vRA from 7.2 to 7.3 - in place upgrade

We have also migrated from a 6.0 vCenter to 6.5. - actual migration to a new vCenter.

I have verified the network profile settings along with the reservation.  I have went as far as to delete the property definition and recreate it. I still get the same error.

Any thoughts would be great.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried to create a new network profile with a different name and call that network profile with VirtualMachine.Network0.NetworkProfileName?

0 Kudos
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

Did you get to fix this?. 

I have a very similiar error but its on updating an existing blueprint so it won't allow me to publish the blueprint.

Catalog request fails: Network profile specified for the custom property VirtualMachine.Network0.NetworkProfileName does not exist.

Like you trying to work out what's changed/broken as blueprint last changed 2 months ago and it worked then. I'm running 7.2.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's still an issue.  I have a support case open with VMW but they are still looking at logs. Until resolved I cannot provision with the majority of my business groups.

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's still an issue.  I have a support case open with VMW but they are still looking at logs.

0 Kudos
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I will discuss my issue with GSS as well and will post up if I get a fix.

0 Kudos
x2jlmote
Contributor
Contributor

to fix this error when trying to publish a blueprint:

remove the network profile property from the blueprint
create an empty custom property group
add the empty custom property group to the blueprint
publish the blueprint
add the network profile property to the property group "after" the blueprint is published to avoid the error during publishing.

if the request is failing during provisioning:

go to "Infrastructure"/"Reservations"/
click the reservation name (or however you like to get to "edit")
go to network tab
make sure the network is checked, and that the dropdown has the network profile selected.

0 Kudos
x2jlmote
Contributor
Contributor

it's also possible that the property is not being fed in during the event. you should check to see if the value of that property is not null. also check that you didn't goof and have a space at the end when filling out the property group. i hate typos :D.

i like to put in the Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.BuildingMachine properties for all the states and just set them to __*.* so that all the properties come through.
0 Kudos
dbuyukliiska
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a known issue in vRA 7.2, which has been fixed in 7.3. For vRA 7.2 there is a hotpatch. Unfortunately I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, so you've better contact the GSS and open an SR for this issue.

If you already have an SR open, ask them to check this PR: 1793707 - in it they can find the link to the hotpatch and instructions how to install it.

Regards

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was on 7.2 but did an in-place upgrade to 7.3 and then these issues appear.

0 Kudos
nmshadey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unless I am missing something in this thread, there is no such property VirtualMachine.Network0.NetworkProfileName

The correct property should be: VirtualMachine.Network0.ProfileName.

If I mis-read something then shoot me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kumar6384
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI

• Use VirtualMachine.NetworkN.ProfileName to select any network from the reservation regardless of whether it has a corresponding network profile.
  • Use VirtualMachine.NetworkN.NetworkProfileName to only select networks that have a corresponding network profile with the same name.

Kindly refer the below links:

Custom Properties for Clone Blueprints

0 Kudos