VMware Cloud Community
sabmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Blueprint shows as not available

I have setup all the components on one server in my lab and have configured provisioning groups and blue prints with all the appropriate permissions.

However when I login either as a user or as an administrator, the blueprint appears to be not available. I can see the blueprint but can't do anything with it.

I have attached all the relevant screenshots

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't see a screen print for a virtual reservation assigned to this provisioning group, is that available? If so, please provide a screen of that to see if there are any limiting settings that might prevent requesting a machine. Without compute resources available, the users will not be able to submit a machine request.

A recommendation I would make, is on the blueprint access area, you put in some users there, along with everyone. You don't need to do this, if the user is in the provisioning group, and the provisioning group is assigned a blueprint, hey have access. This area is really used for when you have a specific blueprint required for a few users, but it doesn't warrant making a new provisioning group for these users, you would remove the everyone, and assign it just to the subset of users in the provisioning group that need this particular blueprint.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't see a screen print for a virtual reservation assigned to this provisioning group, is that available? If so, please provide a screen of that to see if there are any limiting settings that might prevent requesting a machine. Without compute resources available, the users will not be able to submit a machine request.

A recommendation I would make, is on the blueprint access area, you put in some users there, along with everyone. You don't need to do this, if the user is in the provisioning group, and the provisioning group is assigned a blueprint, hey have access. This area is really used for when you have a specific blueprint required for a few users, but it doesn't warrant making a new provisioning group for these users, you would remove the everyone, and assign it just to the subset of users in the provisioning group that need this particular blueprint.

0 Kudos
sabmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Gotcha!

I was under the impression that by selecting the Cluster while creating Enterprise groups will automatically reserve all the resources.

So I guess I am right to say, Reservations and Reservation Policies are similar to ProvidervDC's in VCD.

Things are a bit more clear now, but still a long way to go.

hanks again.

0 Kudos
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not a vCD guy, so I don't know about the comparison, but from a vCAC perspective:

1. Assign the Cluster resources from the vCAC Administrator view to the appropriate Enterprise Group(s), this begins a more in depth data collection that you can view under compute resources.

2. Once the data collection is complete and you have your provisioning group(s) defined, you can then create a Virtual Reservation, allocating whatever portion of the memory, what datastores and how much space on the datastore you want to make available to the particular provisioning group, and what networks you want to make available for the provisioning group.

3. Reservation Policies are simply a label, this allows you to force a particular blueprint to go to a particular reservation(s). I don't typically use reservation policies, but it might be useful if there are different type of compute resources but all the same virtualization technology, that a particular blueprint needs to take advantage of. I'm thinking like if you have older hardware that you use with dev / test and you had a dev / test blueprint, you could use the reservation policy to force it to this hardware.

0 Kudos