Hi,

I hope to get an answer this time fronin vRA community Smiley Happy

How can I take backup for vRA 8.1?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MostafaElSayedF
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First You need to clean all the services. from the VRA appliance connect SSH.

after login enter  "/opt/scripts/deploy.sh --onlyClean"

This will clear all the services one by one and will create offline DB backup file. the data will not be lost but the services will not be available.

Second take snapshot from the VRA appliance.

Third After the snapshot finished you can take the backup by your backup system.After finish the backup you need to restore the service again.

Fourth and finally you can redeploy the services using the same script deploy.sh

"/opt/scripts/deploy.sh"

This step take some time. After this step finished you can check all the service up  and running using the below

"kubecli get pods -n prelude"

I hope this answer your question and i hope that this become answer or helpful comment for you. also, for More details and more information just follow my blog https://www.syncgates.com Mostafa Fahmy
0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

you might want to visit the documentation here

vRealize Automation 8.x Preparations for Backing Up

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
juwelapatil
Contributor
Contributor

I just need to backup my catalog items / blueprints. Can I do that ? If yes; how can I do it rom the GUI instead of CLI ?

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have good results with a backup of the IDM, LCM and VRA 8.5 cluster in one big backup. And no memory snapshot.

Restoring it all together.

And starting first the LCM. And from LCM we start the IDM and after that vRA. Tested now on 3 environments without issues.

We tried first also with those script but that is making more a mess because of the timeouts with our backup software.

0 Kudos