VMware Cloud Community
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Backup/export Property Groups from UI

I filed a feature request today to have the ability to backup Property Groups from the UI and CloudClient in vRA. For organizations that use many Property Groups in a modular fashion across their vRA environment, they become an important artifact similar to blueprints and need to be protected against loss of all sorts. If any of the VMware employees see this and also think it's a good idea, perhaps they can help move that request along. Any others from the community that feel the same way, please chime in!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I discovered this is available from the Cloud Client in vRA 7.2. It would be nice if this existed in the GUI as well, though.

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

does it still work in vRA 7.3? i am having hard time working with it... it always return No content found but i have around 100 properties.

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
msaxbury
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@daphnissov

I don't see any commands associated with exporting property groups in the command line options? I exported content using the id from 'vra content list' and the output consists of 2 yaml files neither of which contain property details besides the hame of the group.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You're going to have to show some screenshots that explain what you did because this should work properly.

0 Kudos