VMware Cloud Community
mstefani77
Contributor
Contributor

Approval Policy - Determine Approvers from Request

Currently using vRA 7.4 and when you select the policy type to Determine Approvers from Request it looks like your options are limited.  Basically manager, business group managers, etc.  Is there no way to use a field on the form to control that?  We're using XAAS and populate a field on the form with an AD group based on the requestor via a custom action.  We were hoping to use that group for our approvals.  Anyone done something similar?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WinStime
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are also trying to use Approval policy with specific approver

I have a ressource action with an approval.

Condition are met, but i'm unable to identify the OWNER of the VM (ressource?) to pull the approbation to him

I can browe the different attribute, but no one seems to work 😞

0 Kudos
KThorlund
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

did you every find out how to do as planned?

I have the same issue, and think it is more about how to do it, instead of the product not being able to do it..

I try to start an approval for a Destroy: Start approval if you are not owner -> send request to owner. => If you are owner, just destroy.

Can any one tell me what when and approvers should be - I am sure it is basic, I just dont find any examples on it..

vRA 7.6

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
KThorlund
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, it wasnt that bad. I had to get hold on the Principle ID. Here is the condition:

When Is Approval Required? Required Based On Conditions:

Single condition: Resource > Owners > Users > Principal ID

Does Not Equal

Field: Requested By > Pricipal ID

Approvers: Determine Approvers From The Requested

Resource > Owners > Users

EDIT:

Hmm... I wonder what AND / OR condition I should use, If I dont what an approval request if I (Principle ID) is member of the business group manager role..??

Is it possible to completely bypass approval requests if I am part of vRA admin group, or the BG group?

0 Kudos