VMware Cloud Community
EZ1976
Contributor
Contributor

Add and Remove DEM Worker

Hi

just installed VCAC 5.2 on one server and would like 2 other DEM Worker on different servers.

i installed the DEM Worker (with different names) and they appear as offline. is there anything i should do to the dem worker servers that i missed? (like copying the certificates maybe?)

and on the same note, now that i have a few non-working DEM workers on the VCAC console, how do i remove them?

thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

As for the offline DEM workers , just go to the new servers, go to the vCAC web site, (web model manager) and to the vCAC Manager server (also has IIS)

Import both of the self signed certificates that they have onto the DEM worker machine.

Just click the cert->install cert->choose where to import -> trusted root certificates (physical copmuter )

As for deleting a DEM, I believe GSS should have a procedure for that.

Hope this helped you.

0 Kudos
EZ1976
Contributor
Contributor

Does the DEM servers need IIS as well?

0 Kudos
SkyCoop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

DEM servers do not require the IIS role

0 Kudos
bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I am using self-signed certs on my Lab setup and had problems getting the remote DEM Worker to connect until I did this step (so thanks for the tip).  However, I am getting the following error now and I just can't suss the cause:-

[Error]: DEM Session ID mismatch - unregistering and re-registering DEM.

Any ideas people?

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA
0 Kudos
bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, so it appears that re-installing the Agent cleared this error.  I'm not 100% sure this was the root cause but once I moved the Agent to a seperate server these errors went away.

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA
0 Kudos
viktorious
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Old topic, but I just posted some info on this issue:

How to remove a DEM Worker registration from vRA

0 Kudos