VMware Cloud Community
msaxbury
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Access vRA XaaS blueprint properties in vRO

Is there a way in vRO script to enumerate the properties or values passed to vRO from a vRA XaaS blueprint that is not provisioning a VM? XaaS blueprint just calls a workflow and I want to see what all is being passed to the workflow? Does it use the same payload EBS process a normal blueprint uses or a different channel?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Konflikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

subscribed. any progress on this topic?
0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

The XaaS blueprint will just trigger the workflow in vRO. I normally just keep the vRO Client open and watch the log stream for the workflow invocation. Once you have the client open you examine the data passed to the workflow by looking at the Variables tab under the invocation.

To list these via the workflow you can do like the below

pastedImage_0.png

In the green box, I'm storing the workflow inputs into a Properties map. These are the defined inputs for the workflow and in the XaaS form they will be listed as fields at all times.

In the red box, I'm then adding any extra parameters passed by the XaaS to the same map. These will include things passed by vRA (e.g., __asd_requestor, etc) as well as any additional fields I've added to the XaaS form. Additional fields need not be declared as inputs in the workflow but if they exist in the form they will be passed along to the invocation as context parameters.

0 Kudos