VMware Horizon Community
JohnLord
Contributor
Contributor

writeable vol disk size reporting

IS there anyway to get a report of users with the writable vols disk size free space? I can only find it via the manager dash after clicking on each one. anyways to automate this with powercli. Is this stored in SQL?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey,

Yes, you can get that info out of the database. It is stored in the snapvols table, just make sure to do a select with the writable=1 statement.

It shows you the size of the writable (total_mb) and the free space (free_mb).

0 Kudos
himcrucified
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would be great if that db information was made readily available within the AppVolumes management interface. 🙂

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It is but only per disk itself, you cannot create reports from within the console (might be a good extra feature?

Just select the writable tab in Appvolumes manager and select Usage View on the top right corner. It will then show you the percentage still available for all viewed disks.

0 Kudos
JohnLord
Contributor
Contributor

SO I was able to get what i needed from the db with powershell. I have that export to an email every morning. It gives anyone over 85%

$query = "Select name,total_mb,free_mb from [dbo].[snapvols] where (writable=1)"

$report = Invoke-Sqlcmd -ServerInstance $sqlserver -Database $db -Query $query | `

select name, @{L='pctused';E={(($_.total_mb - $_.free_mb)/$_.total_mb).tostring("P")}} | where {$_.pctused -ge 85}

0 Kudos