VMware Horizon Community
TTC-Seth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

uia_plus_profile OST File

I've read and implemented the article where the OST is redirected via UEM to c:\Snapvolumestemp, etc.

I followed some other steps to migrate  the Windows Index file as well with limited success.

What I'm wondering is, if I use the the full uia_plus_profile do I need to perform that step or is the OST file properly captured on the writable?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You do not need to use those steps when you use the UIA + Profile. The ost file will be captured with the profile.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You do not need to use those steps when you use the UIA + Profile. The ost file will be captured with the profile.

TTC-Seth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Would the same apply if I were to move the Windows Search Index file there as well?
That way each user would have a persistent index that wouldn't constantly rebuild and pin I/O.

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The Microsoft search directory where the files are stored is excluded from being captured in the writable volume. I would not recommend including it in the writable volume as the search files include OS specific information that could cause issues if overwritten. We haven't seen or heard any issues or complains from our users with it excluded. It is usually recommended to disable the Window search service all together for floating desktops for the reason you specified with it rebuilding when the user logs in.

Windows Search Index - Linked Clone desktops