VMware Horizon Community
cemenc2-
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

setup horizon appstack instructions

Hello Friends,

I am looking for instructions on how to install/setup horizon appstack. 

2nd question is; I have horizon 7 and appstack v4. Where do you go to tell horizon to deploy appstack to which virtual pc? Because when I log in to virtual pc, it is deploying the appstack to provisioning virtual pc instead of end user's virtual pc. 

thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think you should look for the admin guide on how to setup Appvolumes. What you are asking here is how do I set it up. Try setting it up and if you have any questions feels free to ask.

Basicly (so just a few poniters) you install the agent within the virtual machine (your Golden Image) and point that to the manager you installed. Within the manager you can create apopstack. When you want to create an appstack make sure to have a packaging machine (which is a clone of your GI without View agents) and install it inthere. Log in with a local admin account on the machine but to add it to the domain. It won't attach an appstack when logging into your packaging machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think you should look for the admin guide on how to setup Appvolumes. What you are asking here is how do I set it up. Try setting it up and if you have any questions feels free to ask.

Basicly (so just a few poniters) you install the agent within the virtual machine (your Golden Image) and point that to the manager you installed. Within the manager you can create apopstack. When you want to create an appstack make sure to have a packaging machine (which is a clone of your GI without View agents) and install it inthere. Log in with a local admin account on the machine but to add it to the domain. It won't attach an appstack when logging into your packaging machine.

0 Kudos