VMware Horizon Community
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

removal of stack 3.0

have anyone attempted to remove a stack? still waiting for official procedure.

thanks

Sam

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We know and do apologize. It is unwieldy and we are working on it. The next release will resolve this and many more issues so please stay tuned and please keep providing input and constructive criticism  Smiley Wink We are listening.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dray11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes... attempted.  Have not succeeded.  After several attempts to comprehend how this App Vol 3.0 thing is supposed to work I have several applications in my Inventory.  Now that I have some clues/guesses as to how it works (have to trial/error guess since the documentation seems barely more than a draft for an installation document) I need to clean up and start more guessing.

But... surprise!  No way (apparently) to remove an Application.  I tried going into the old AVManager (https://<appliancename>:3443) and removed the AppStacks the old way.   But back in the AV3 console they are still there.

This mess looks interesting but it is frustrating that it doesn't seem ready for release.  VMWare should have called this a "technology preview".   Seems like somethings simply don't work but it is hard to know because apparently many concepts are different than what we are familiar with but there is no way to figure that out except by trial and error.

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can remove the appstacks from the import share but yes there is no way to remove the app service once created. Also please note you should not make assignment changes in the old console off :3443. It will cause issues with the AV3 console.

0 Kudos
dray11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah... I didn't go into the old AV manager until I had tried everything I could think of... removing the vmdk & json from the file share... I even removed the vmdk from the datastore...  seems like a bad idea.  Had to try something.

I had AppCapture'd Notepad++ and sync'ed.  Then I wanted to merge it with another app into another vmdk.  Now I had two Notepad++ applications.  Somehow I even ended up with a third.  Very confusing and unweildly.

I did eventually figure out how to get rid of them.  I reinstalled my AV3 appliance from scratch. 

0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

We know and do apologize. It is unwieldy and we are working on it. The next release will resolve this and many more issues so please stay tuned and please keep providing input and constructive criticism  Smiley Wink We are listening.

0 Kudos
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I suppose the next obvious question is - when is the next release? Smiley Happy

chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, guess for now will have to stick with 2.10, will continue testing 3.0 for now, hopefully we get the update soon

Sam

0 Kudos