VMware Horizon Community
zengfuyang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"Non-domain" settings for App Volumes

On the Active Directory tab, there is a "Non-domain" settings. I don't what mean for this settings and how it works if i have this setting. Anybody can help understanding this setting? Thanks.

non-domain.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaceJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you don't have that box checked you can't attach a stack to a system that's not on the domain.  So if you have a VM which ym have not attached to your Active directory and attempt to attach a stack to it without that box checked it won't work.  At least this is my understanding of it through testing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JaceJ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you don't have that box checked you can't attach a stack to a system that's not on the domain.  So if you have a VM which ym have not attached to your Active directory and attempt to attach a stack to it without that box checked it won't work.  At least this is my understanding of it through testing.

0 Kudos
zengfuyang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your Info. But I want to know if the computer doesn't in domain, how to appstack attach to the computer? The the computer cannot be find in appvolume manager.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you have a computer that has the Appvolumes agent installed it will register itself in the manager.

Just go to directory --> Computers and the machine should be there. You could attach appstack from there by clicking on the machine and select Assign Appstacks.

Or just attach the appstacks to the user.