VMware Horizon Community
jahos_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

production.log growing and not truncated

I notice that the production.log is growing and never gets truncated. It is now 350MB big

I don't expect this to be normal behaviour. Is it a bug and if not how can this be changed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
K_Miller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We spoke with a VMWare tech last week and this is indeed a current feature. The developers are aware of the issue. The tech wasn't able to tell us when to expect a solution. We told him it would be nice if the log files were chunked up and then older files were overwritten.

KM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Decrease the logging level to info if it is set to debug . http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=210166...

I will try to get more information

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos
Jason_Marshall
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What version are you on and how long has this server been in production? ~number of users?

0 Kudos
jahos_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

version is 2.5.2, but I've seen it in previous versions also.

We are still in testing fase. There is a lot of testing, but not many users in production.

As I read the log4r.yml file correctly the maxsize of the logfile is be 20971520 kb, which is 20Gb.

I have the impression that when the log file grows large, it affects application performance.

If I change the maxsize to lets say 20Mb, does it suffice to change the maxsize in the log4r.yml file?

standard_output: &standard_output

type: <%= ENV.fetch('CV_ROLL_LOGS', 0).to_i == 1 ? 'RollingFileOutputter' : 'FileOutputter' %>

filename: <%= "#{Rails.root}/log/#{Rails.env}.log" %>

maxsize: 20971520

max_backups: 3

trunc: 'true'

formatter:

<<: *pattern_formatter

0 Kudos
K_Miller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We spoke with a VMWare tech last week and this is indeed a current feature. The developers are aware of the issue. The tech wasn't able to tell us when to expect a solution. We told him it would be nice if the log files were chunked up and then older files were overwritten.

KM

0 Kudos
jahos_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer!

I'll change the maxsize

0 Kudos