VMware Horizon Community
vBrain14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

other volumes are already attached

Hello,

I am using App Volumes 2.13.2 and I have assigned two app stacks to a VM and got the message

"Skipping assignment lookup for "Computer <domain\x00001$> on "Computer <domain\x00001$> because other volumes are already attached"

I am the opinion App Volumes can assign several AppStacks to a VM at the same time. Did I misconfigure anything?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can add as much appstacks as you would like to add (I believe the technical max is 54 of something like that due to ESX limitations) but the best practice is not to add more than 10.

That being said. It seems as if you have assigned the same appstack to both a computer and user. When the computer starts up it will add the appstack disk to the VM. When the user logs in it tries to attach the appstack again. Maybe that's the message you are seeing?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can add as much appstacks as you would like to add (I believe the technical max is 54 of something like that due to ESX limitations) but the best practice is not to add more than 10.

That being said. It seems as if you have assigned the same appstack to both a computer and user. When the computer starts up it will add the appstack disk to the VM. When the user logs in it tries to attach the appstack again. Maybe that's the message you are seeing?

0 Kudos
vBrain14
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

From my perspective, I did not make the assignment via user and computer. But I have changed the assignment from computer to user and now I can assign several AppStacks to a VM.

Thanks for the tip

0 Kudos
housestark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi vBrain14,

I am receiving the same message when I try to assign more than 1 appstack to rdsh vm.. I am assigning via OU as I found that is how to assign appstacks to an RDSH farm..

I currently have a ticket open as assigning to a user is not an option for us.  I want to use application pools running apps on an rdsh farm.  Was wondering if you found out anything further with your issue?

P.S.  Yes i can attach multiple appstacks to a user, but not what I am wanting to do.  Thanks for any info.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For RDSH assigning by OU or computer is the only supported way. You can't assign by users because other users will get the apps as well. I think once they get app toggle that was supposed to be in 3.0 you can restrict RDSH apps per user.

0 Kudos