VMware Horizon Community
gjbrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

international language with app volumes

How does App Volumes work with international languages. For example, my "base image" is in US English, I create an app stack with Adobe reader, which typically looks at OS language to pick install language. I then deploy this app stack to an image that is xyz language that is not English.   How will this app show? English or other language?

Thanks for any help,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Well, i guess it will pick up English language in this case as the AppStack may not have language packs bundled while capturing. However, if possible, set the language preference in the application itself (if available) whether to start on a specific language or same locale as the operating system.

For example, you can set the language preference for Acrobat Reader Reader: controlling the Reader MUI startup language

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Well, i guess it will pick up English language in this case as the AppStack may not have language packs bundled while capturing. However, if possible, set the language preference in the application itself (if available) whether to start on a specific language or same locale as the operating system.

For example, you can set the language preference for Acrobat Reader Reader: controlling the Reader MUI startup language

0 Kudos
gjbrown
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks, not exactly the answer I wanted, but I'm fairly certain it is the correct answer. 

Thank you again,

GB

0 Kudos