VMware Horizon Community
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

incompatibility between AppVolumes 2.10 and 2.11

Hi Guys,

my client want to upgrade from 2.10 to 2.11 because of performance issue regarding Crystal Reports, IE, Chrome. In 2.11 VMware solves the registry enumeration issue.

We do a testinstallation of 2.11. Do I need to recreate all my appstacks which I have create with AppVol 2.10?

We saw a different behavior If I mount my existing appstacks on an AppVol 2.11 Agent with and AppVolumes Manager 2.11. If I mount more than one AppStack (which is usual) I can see that the Initialization of the AppStack can take minutes instead of seconds.

I see the CVAPPS partition as a drive in windows. Also my fonts in one appstacks is not usable. I also try to upgrade my AppStack with the new template. But it doesn't change the behavior. Performance of registry enumeration is much better. I am really afraid that I got new issues after upgrading the productive environment to 2.11.

I hadn't no of this Issue with AppVolumes 2.10. Has anyone do the same experience after upgrading to 2.11?

Regarding,

VM-Master

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't provide an answer I'm afraid, but can relate to your experience as we see all of the issues you report.  I believe a patch is imminent.

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
0 Kudos
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I also can't give you a VMware answer, but from past experiences, it is always best to re-provision your previous AppStack's to use the newest  fixes and features.

Hopefully you don't have hundred's of AppStack's to re-provision. You could try creating a empty AppStack and just copying the source from the previous AppStack to see if that would work. If you try this, let us know if that works or not?

Mike_A
0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hmmm.. Seems as if 2.11has quite some issues on it's hand. We also have a few open tickets regarding version 2.11.

And just " updating" the appstacks does do nothing to these appstacks. It only changed the version file on the disks so it "looks like" you packaged it with a newer version. Manually changing settings on the appstacks does off course change it.

0 Kudos
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We updated from 2.09 to 2.11 today. Updating the server seems to be ok, but when we updated the Agent in the Master Image the Mounting Process takes more time than normal,  10-20s longer that with the 2.09 Agent.

The "appvolattached.bat" seems not to work correct - the UEM-Refresh only works sometimes.

We are using a German Windows7 which seems to have no Problems with the 2.09 Agent - with 2.10 the Folder on the C:\ Drive gets renamed from "Programme" to "program files (x86)" and from "Windows" to "windows".

So we switched back to the 2.09 Agent in the Master Image and all works like expected.

Are there any news about a fix or a 2.12 Version coming soon ?

Jens

0 Kudos