VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

firefox and flash zooming problem

recently captured firefox 52.7.1 ESR and installed flash using a 2.13.2 build desktop and 2.13.2 agent. Below is an example when I try to go the the Horizon View administrative page. It looks fine at first but if I try using the mouse depending on where the cursor hits the canvas, it looks like that section gets an intense zoom.  2018_03_19_09_42_08_View_Administrator.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Upgrade to 2.13.3 seems to have resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Quick question: Do you also use writable volumes? What is the deployment OS?

0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've updated to 2.13.3 and don't have the same problem, but I am guessing it's a related problem, so thought this might be a good spot to mention it.

For me, when I try going to the view admin page in firefox I don't have a problem with zoom, but the login doesn't work. If I hit the login button it doesn't do anything at all. Doing the same thing in Chrome from the same machine works fine.

I am also having various issues with Firefox addons. The biggest one for us is that we use Lastpass Enterprise in our company. The lastpass firefox addon will either not work at all, or it will "forget" the username and password. So every time the user opens firefox they have to reenter everything. Again, we don't have this issue with the lastpass addon for chrome on the same machine.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the locations firefox and chrome are selecting to store the user profile.

If you go to about:profiles in firefox you'll likely see that it's selected a location under C:\SnapVolumesTemp\mountpoints\ to store the profile. From my experience, even if you change this to the "real" location it will switch itself back.

By comparison if you go to chrome://version in chrome you'll see that it's using a regular path under C:\Users\

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For me the profile looks to be in the correct place, but UEM doesn't seem to export my user profile, we need to keep importing bookmarks and everything else.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No one uses writeables in our enviornment, we haven't had good luck. I'm working with windows 7 SP1.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Suggest to file a ticket with VMware support.

0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've opened so many support tickets on App Volumes since we first started trying to use it. I've currently got one open on this issue, and several others. Like nearly all of the tickets related to App Volumes before, support has no idea. Their default response is to either downgrade (and go back to different bugs in previous versions) or to wait for the next upgrade (which usually introduces a new show-stopping bug for us again).

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I try to open tickets for everything so they are being consitently looked at. I'm opening a ticket now, I'll try and update and findings I find.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I have a ticket open awaiting a response. I have a appstack with Firefox 52.5.3 and flash 28.0.0.137 installed with the 2.10 template and everything works. I just tried with the same versions using the 2.13.2 template and the same problem occurs.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Upgrade to 2.13.3 seems to have resolved the issue.

0 Kudos