bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

disks are connected when instant clones are connected

Hi,

Really struggling with this. The gold image was at one point receiving the app volumes because I had it in the wrong ou (which was receiving them)... I have stopped the App Volumes Service, created a new snapshot, and attempted to push it, and it hangs. If I look at the snapshot created for an instant clone, it shows 8 hard drives. The only way I can get this to work is to the service on manual. I don't want to have to run a script to start the service when a clone has been created... I have only seen this behavior in my new environment which is all 2111...

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Since your using OU based assignment and cp-templates are part of same OU they also get disks attached.

To overcome this issue please revert app volume service start up type to automatic and re-assign appstacks to OU again with computer naming prefix using option " Limit attachment of these assignments to specific computers". Here you can just define instant clone VMS starting name just the way you have created naming pattern for pool.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/4/com.vmware.appvolumes.admin.doc/GUID-42CBE443-CC7C-4...

0 Kudos
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for responding. I have tried this and am getting the following message:

• Fault type is SERVER_FAULT_FATAL - Runtime error in completePrevAction
  • Found no snapshot on internal template
  • vm-172109

Thanks again for any help

0 Kudos
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

How can I clean up all of the old snapshots? 

Should I just start over with a brand new gold image at this point? 

It seems that the results are the same even though I followed your instructions. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

I deleted all of my pools and used a different untarnished image and it is working. Thank you for your support on this!

0 Kudos