VMware Horizon Community
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

disks are connected when instant clones are connected

Hi,

Really struggling with this. The gold image was at one point receiving the app volumes because I had it in the wrong ou (which was receiving them)... I have stopped the App Volumes Service, created a new snapshot, and attempted to push it, and it hangs. If I look at the snapshot created for an instant clone, it shows 8 hard drives. The only way I can get this to work is to the service on manual. I don't want to have to run a script to start the service when a clone has been created... I have only seen this behavior in my new environment which is all 2111...

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Since your using OU based assignment and cp-templates are part of same OU they also get disks attached.

To overcome this issue please revert app volume service start up type to automatic and re-assign appstacks to OU again with computer naming prefix using option " Limit attachment of these assignments to specific computers". Here you can just define instant clone VMS starting name just the way you have created naming pattern for pool.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-App-Volumes/4/com.vmware.appvolumes.admin.doc/GUID-42CBE443-CC7C-4...

0 Kudos
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thank you for responding. I have tried this and am getting the following message:

• Fault type is SERVER_FAULT_FATAL - Runtime error in completePrevAction
  • Found no snapshot on internal template
  • vm-172109

Thanks again for any help

0 Kudos
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

How can I clean up all of the old snapshots? 

Should I just start over with a brand new gold image at this point? 

It seems that the results are the same even though I followed your instructions. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
bvi2006
Contributor
Contributor

I deleted all of my pools and used a different untarnished image and it is working. Thank you for your support on this!

0 Kudos