VMware Horizon Community
stevenatmit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

appstack mounts to system, but application not available

I've been have a tough time getting app volumes working on my testbed here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a View Horizon 7.0.2 setup.  I am running a Instant Clone pool of Windows 7 VMs.  AppVolumes version 2.11.     I created a Win7 vm and install my WinZip application on it and created an AppStack.    I log to AppVolumes Manager and provision/configure the appstack successfully.   I then successfully assign the appstack to the user and system in my instant clone pool.   but when I login to the instant clone vm, I do not see my app (winzip) on the desktop.  My vCenter shows the appstack vmdk mounted on the VM as hard disk #2, but Windows does not show the software as installed. 

the svservice agent log shows this error "RunScript: CreateProcessW failed for "\SnapVolumesTemp\MountPoints\{5ae12525-aaaa8-11ase-fe83-34348jg833\allvolattached.bat": error 193  which may be a sign something went wrong.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You also mention, "I then successfully assign the AppStack to the user and system in my instant clone pool.", which you can't mount an AppStack to both a machine and User at the same time. So if you have another AppStack mounting to machines. You need to AppVol entitle with only one method at this time.

Mike_A

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Can you browse to the C:\snapvolumestemp folder to see if you have a mountpoint there? If you see a mountpoint there your appstack is attached in Windows.

My guess is that the winzip application you installed is installed in the %APPDATA% folder and not in the program files. Try using the "Run As Administrator"  option to install it. Also make sure the startmenu shortcuts are in the c:\Programdata...\Start menu folder and not the the %APPDATA%...\Start menu folder.

Appstacks do not have any user information stored in it, both files (anything in the user directory) or reg keys (anything in the HKCU).

Smoke14
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You also mention, "I then successfully assign the AppStack to the user and system in my instant clone pool.", which you can't mount an AppStack to both a machine and User at the same time. So if you have another AppStack mounting to machines. You need to AppVol entitle with only one method at this time.

Mike_A
stevenatmit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for all the replies!     I had an appstack assigned to both a user and a computer at the same time.  once I assigned the appstack to just a user only, it started working.   Thanks again!

0 Kudos