VMware Horizon Community
wbofh
Contributor
Contributor

app volumes 2.10 at the end of provision not are any applications at stacks

Hi

Some time when I approvisioning apps in a new stack, when i push the Ok button, and restard and the dialogo box say OK, then in the app manager the application is a 0, but the volumen it is created and it can mount an dassing to a user, but there no apears application.

Can I probe any more...?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Just want to understand whether the application is installed by Setup/MSI or just copy files into the provisioning VM?

If installed, are you able to see the application files when you browse to ProgramFiles\Application Name?

0 Kudos
wbofh
Contributor
Contributor

I install via Setup the offices 2013, and it is Ok the instalacion an reboot the machine and the end dialog box about app volumes say Ok, and in the app volumes manager, say it is approvisioned ok but the say 0 apps.

I instaled another applications Ok, and this applicacion the instalation is OK, and if I see the VMFK it is Ok

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What Appvolumes does is it checks the Programs And Features application set (or better yet the Uninstall keys in the registry) to see which applications are installed and which aren't installed.

If you use specific MSI that doesn't create this information or "installed" an applications that only needs program files to be copied than Appvolumes wont see this application as being installed.

Also. If you install an application using Appvolumes make sure to install it for all users. Otherwise startmenu options will be added in the installing users profile instead of the all users profile (which is located in c:\ProgamData).

0 Kudos